As we are all aware of, Lightroom can be purchased in two different methods. The first one is to buy the standalone and perpetual license, with a one time payment price. The second method is to subscribe to Adobe’s creative cloud service plans. With this method, you are obliged to pay a monthly fee of $9.99 a month or more, depends on what CC plans you want to get. Subscribing to creative cloud plans allows you to use some of the best programs of Adobe such as Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and Lightroom web and mobile app.
However, with the presence and release of Adobe’s creative cloud, it gains a lot of complaints, intrigues and issues since most professional photographers, graphic and web artists, painters, architects and artists are used to buy the standalone version of Lightroom. Creative cloud subscribers are also provided with free professional Lightroom presets upgrades and updates.
Unlike in Photoshop where there is no need for mobile and web application since it requires huge storage space for it to work, Lightroom announced the release of its web and mobile application. So, in this article, we will explore the features and services offered by Lightroom web and mobile.
UPDATE: Lightroom mobile application is now available for IOS and Android operating system. Updated system is required for you to use the application.
- Lightroom web and mobile helps you sync your images to and from your smartphone, tablets and other devices.
- The Lightroom mobile application doesn’t require huge storage space since it will only take almost 20MB of your space.
- Lightroom mobile contains 36 built in filtered images or professional Lightroom presets. It can still be applied to one or more images at once.
- Lightroom mobile automatically stores images in one collection.
- Lightroom mobile can also add keywords and metadata.